RECESS is a high-growth startup making personal wellness products designed for how we live today. A key part of the growth strategy is distribution and partnership sales through wholesale accounts in multiple verticals. The Account Development Manager will generate leads and build relationships with potential partners through prospecting and outreach. Responsibilities include communicating the value proposition of RECESS and thinking creatively as additional opportunities arise.
The candidate will have experience in selling consumer related products in a retail setting and will report to the COO. The candidate will be articulate, highly motivated, and a self-starter who can work in a fast paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make an impact on a new brand, that comes with flexible hours and remote work. This is a commission-only position and the sky is the limit.
- Conduct lead generation and qualification activities for target vertical(s)
- Ability to move the client from initial outreach to PO
- Follow-up with potential accounts via email and phone calls as appropriate
- Request samples from COO as needed
- Track leads, opportunities and sales process execution with weekly email updates / phone calls with COO
- Have 2+ years of direct selling experience, ideally in the consumer sector
- Have 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the balance of pushy follow-up and building a relationship
- Operate as a hunter and closer
- Ability to be both a team player and individual contributor
- High attention to detail
- College degree