The sun on your face, the smell of grass, a gentle breeze, maybe a bird chirping. Travel is huge in the summer months and it can be hard to keep up with your fitness goals when you're not at home. Our take? Head outside and try something new or local to the place you're in. Some of our favorites:
- Hiking: light or strenuous, get those legs moving. For more of a challenge, build in a small circuit and stop every 5-10 minutes to do something like push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, or jumping jacks.
- Running/jogging/jog-walking: an amazing way to explore a new location and get oriented. If you need some extra motivation, try a fitness app with a live coach in your ear like Vi or Aaptiv.
- Any workout in the grass: if you know how to run yourself through a circuit or HIIT on your own awesome, just take it outdoors. If you need a little help, you could also try a streaming app with video instruction like Obe or ClassPass.
- Bands: we love to travel with resistance bands. They're lightweight, small, and can add that extra challenge. This set is our fave from @sweatwithbec.
- Canoeing or kayaking: these are both awesome workouts and a sweet change of perspective. Get onto the water, a river or a lake, or even the ocean, just make sure you follow proper safety protocols.
- Check local listings for special wellness events unique to your area.
In addition to your RECESS, don't forget the ancillaries like bug spray, and sunscreen. Hats + sunglasses help too. Share your RECESS on Instagram and tag @myrecess.co and #myrecess for a chance to be on the RECESS feed.
#myrecess is fitness #myrecess is travel #myrecess is summer